Tourist facility

Ise Jingu (Geku)

Ise Jingu, the official name “Jingu”, are composed of 125 Shinto shrines centered on two main shrines, Naiku and Geku. “Toyoukedaijingu” is the official name of Geku. It is dedicated to the worship of Toyoukeno-omikami, the kami of agriculture and industry. She was called from the Tanba region 1500 years ago as the kami to offer the sacred food to Amaterasu Omikami. Since the approach to shrine is about 300m long in gravels, using rental wheelchair with electric motor is recommended for visitors with limited mobility. The rental electric wheelchairs are available at the entrance of Jingu. There is no step in front of the Shogu (main sanctuary) of Geku. For visitor’s safety, wheelchair user is not allowed to enter the sacred area of Jingu independently. We strongly recommend to visit with your companions.


Phone +81 596 24 1111 Fax +81 596 27 0520
Address 279 Toyokawa-Cho, Ise-City, Mie-Pref, 516-0042
Official website
Opening hours 5:00 ~ 17:00
Closed Open 365 days
Wheelchair rental Available
Baby stroller rentals Not available
Nursing room Not available
Staffs speak foreign language Not available
Internet access Wifi
Free Wifi / Charged

Parkings <Available>

Parkings Available/Not available Available
Handycap parking space Available



Wheelchair lavatory <Available>

Wheelchair lavatory [1] Lavatory door Opening width( 93 cm )
Dimensions of the lavatory ( 220 cm ) × ( 202 cm ) toward toilet
Grab bars ● Right side toward toilet:
● Left side toward toilet:
Ostomate facility Not available
Multipurpose bed Not available
Instruction booklet in foreign language Not available

▲ Back to page top

Back to List

Copyright 2013 ISESHIMA BARRIER FREE TOUR CENTER. All Rights Reserved.